Thursday, December 31, 2009

Why should we blaze a trail...

...when the well-worn path seems safe and so inviting?

I really wish I could write a blog right now. A witty, hysterical, normal blog. But I can't, because all that is in my head at the moment are questions. Questions none of you, my faithful 15, can answer. They're lame questions, too. Are any of you familiar with the musical Tick, Tick, Boom? I am assuming no. Well, the song "Louder Than Words"...those questions. Those are the questions I want answered.

Fear or love, baby? Well, I know the answer but I'm too afraid to follow through. Fear is holding me back. I think. Why? Why do I feel this way? Why am I in a really bad mood? What can I do? I don't want to hurt anyone.

"On the streets you hear the voices-lost children, crocodiles. But you're not into making choices, wicked witches, poppy fields or men behind a curtain, tiger lillies, ruby slippers, clock is ticking-that's for certain. "

3 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

How pretty! You are an aunty!!!!!!!

Annie said...

Aww, bummer that you're bummed, girl! But you are awesome, so don't worry too too much-- I believe things will work out.

I hear you about being afraid of hurting people...I struggle with it to such a degree that I can't offer you any first-person success-story advice, but I do offer you my heartfelt commiseration! There are worse personality flaws to have than being inordinately concerned about hurting people, though, right?

I will say this: I think that you sincerely want the best, and this fact, as well as the fact that you are feeling cautious and so conscious of someone else's heart, are both good indicators that you aren't as likely to do something wrong. Know what I mean? It's almost like your fear and worries are a good sign that you can trust yourself more. Just a thought.

Annie said...

And Annie does it again: writes a freaking novella instead of a concise comment. This is a chronic issue with me. One day I will learn to tame my verbosity!!!