Wednesday, August 19, 2009

All stories contain the element of joy

Tonight a new chapter will be added to "The Spaghettio Years". (TSY, in case you were wondering, Dear Reader, is the story of my life. Once upon a time, I promised Scott I would write it. Surprisingly enough, I have--and it's even somewhat current! Which is more than I can say about my actual journal...) Adding chapters is always a sad and reflective time for me. The book is a fairytale, though, because it has its share of sorrows and struggles that always resolve to being joys and triumphs. But it is the ultimate fairytale, because not only does it have a happy ending, it has a perfect ending.

"No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations."

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
October 2008 General Conference

No comments: