Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Neverland was only an illusion...

...and now it's gone.

Statue weather is finally here. But I'm afraid that I might be too old to play statues now. And what a shame-that game is only a couple of years old. Hopefully my other team members will carry on our summer traditions.

I thought we had made a pact that we wouldn't "grow up". He left me all alone in Neverland, and on top of that, he has now committed treason. He decided to grow up. Half of me wishes I could be mad at him-but I'm not. The sad part of the deal is that I realize he's got a point. It is time for us to "leave the nursery".

But I don't want to grow up and learn of solemn things.

4 comments:

Noelle said...

I'm pretty sure I don't understand everything you're talking about...seeing as I wasn't there, but I do find myself reverting to childhood fears/habits...maybe to try to distract myself from what I'm so afraid to do. Meaning grow up. I've been wanting to write a song for a while, now. The chorus will go something like, "Will you find me when we leave Neverland?" which is pretty much different, but...oh well. Sorry for rambling

soccerball said...

I definitely agree with you guys; growing up is scary! The worst part, for me, is that it's inevitable even though I have no idea of what all is involved. I feel like it's a really blind (albeit necessary) process. I hate that. Anyhow, it seems like most people survive it. BTW, Noelle, I definitely want a copy of your song once you've written it!

Novel Concept said...

Growing up isn't all bad though. College is better than High School, honest. Also, I vote that you're never too old for statues.

Unless of course you can't stand still for long periods of time...then they might be more difficult.

Also, if you E-mail me by April 2, I can save up to 11 credits of class for you, and I think we should watch the office sometime soon.

Katrina said...

I can't believe that we are so old! Wow! Seniors! I am still in denial that I am leaving school in 3 months! Have an awesome day, because you are awesome!