Friday, April 14, 2006

For a dreamer, night's the only time of day.

Apparently, I have a really weird way of sleeping. It surprises me! Well, not the fact that I sleep funny...I already know how I sleep...the fact that everyone thinks it's so weird surprises me! I've been sleeping folded up for my whole life, so it never hit me that it was funny. It's just normal for me to sleep that way.

I think that when we do things a certain way and for a long time, we get to be so accustomed to it that it's almost as if we don't even think there could be another way of doing that exact same thing. Similarly, we sometimes seem to think our way is the best way. This may be the case, but usually it's not.

Since I've been sleeping that way since I was a baby, it's the most normal thing in the world to me. Not to everyone else though. I thought it was weird that they thought I was weird, but now I'm thinking that we're all right. So while they try to accept my weird habits, I am trying to accept their weird mind sets. No, I'm just kidding! We all get along great.

5 comments:

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

I think it's awesome that you sleep all folded up! You know I had a problem with my dentist once. He thought my way of brushing my teeth was weird. I think he needed a different mind set.

Aubrey Koehler said...

It Think that your way of sleeping is sooo cute nat!! haha ur the onlyone i know that sleeps so flexibly haha u so funny!

Natalie said...

Haha thanks aubrey...it's weird but it really is comfortable!
Kathryn, your dentist sounds weird. jk. how are you feeling?

Katrina said...

It is not wierd! it is exciting! YAY!

soccerball said...

I know we talked about this on band tour, but I think it's a cool way to sleep. I love how we both are so routine-oriented. :) I love your blog!
-Hannah