Friday, March 24, 2006

Thoroughly modern?

"Everything today is thoroughly modern"...except for my sisters and I. We're not Amish or anything...we just have different tastes than a lot of society. Why are we kind of stuck in the past? I'll tell you. I don't know.

The main thing that separates us from modern culture is the type of movies that fall into our "favorites" category. We love old movies. Gene Kelly, Danny Kaye, Don Knotts, and Bing Crosby are some favorite actors of ours. I think the reason why we hold onto these movies is probably because the humor is just so...pure. I don't really know how to explain it. It's not crude, and it's genuinely funny.

A lot of the movies that we love come from my Grandpa Murray's house, so I'm sure there are good memories associated with them. Spending quality time with my family and grandparents, laughing together, and growing closer together are memories that come with watching old movies.

So, that's why my sisters and I like older movies. They just have a good feeling about them. I don't have to worry about my sisters hearing or seeing any thing that they shouldn't while we're watching movies together. We like new movies too, some of them even make our 'favorites' list, but old movies are the best! And if any one needs a list of good old movies, we've got a few. Movie party!!

4 comments:

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

Amen! Old movies are the best! You know Don knotts? Oh my gosh Nat you're my hero! He's like my favorite actor ever! You're probably the first person I've met who actually knows who he is! Did you hear he just died a while ago? Oh and Danny Kaye and Gene Kelly are pretty amazing too.I think they should make one huge movie with all the classic actors and stuff in it.Oh and they should call that movie,"The life and Times of Kathryn Larsen" Don't you think that's just the perfect title?

Natalie said...

Don Knotts is the best! You haven't seen The Incredible Mr. Limpet, have you? It is so cool. Let's have a party and watch it. Danny Kaye is probably my favorite, though. And that's a really good idea for a movie. A fitting title, too.

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

I have seen The Incredivle Mr. Limpet! It's pretty intense! Yeah!We should have a party!Danny Kaye is just amazing in The Court Jestor. Oh and have you ever seen Don Knotts in The Sakiest Gun in the West? It's clutch you ought to see it if you haven't. Anyways,I just wish they would make more classics like those now thse days.

Natalie said...

You have seen it? It's awesome! I love it! Did you know the premiere of The Incredible Mr. Limpet actually took place in an underwater theater in Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida? That is intense.
I do like the Court Jester. Have you ever seen Road to Moroco? It has Bing Crosby and Bob Hope in it. It's a really good one! I haven't seen The Shakiest Gun in the West. Let's have a party. I'm so mad they don't make movies like they used to!
"I wish, I wish I was a fish."