Saturday, March 18, 2006

Blasny, blasny.

I love all my grandpa's shows, but "The Foreigner" was especially memorable. Trevor was adorable and lovable as Charlie, the "foreigner", Casey was just a freaky KKK leader, and the rest of the cast was simply hilarious! There was this bond that you could feel with the whole cast.

The intamacy of the Little Theater definitely lends a hand in making shows an enjoyable experience. Being so close to the actors allows you to see every expression from sadness to joy to confusion. There was a part in the play where Charlie and Ellard lay on the ground to read a book, and as they got down on their stomachs, the whole audience stood up to see what was happening better. It was great! The small space made it so that you could hear everything, and the laughter of the audience made it so much more fun. We could hear my grandpa laughing the whole time, and it was hilarious. He is such a jovial cheeseball.

The show is just a funny, well written show, and the actors did a really good job interpreting who their character was. They were so believable. I even found myself forgetting that Trevor did, in fact, speak english and that Casey was a normal guy. Connie was just like an old woman. This cast was amazing.

CHARLIE "La la. Blasny, blasny."
ELLARD "What's 'at mean?"
FROGGY "Wot, 'Blasny, blasny?' I might be wrong, but I think it means, 'Enjoy it while yer've got it.' Am I right, Charlie?"
CHARLIE "No. 'Blasny, blasny'? Eet mean-'Ain't dees nice?'"

It certainly was nice.

No comments: