Thursday, March 07, 2013

It's done!

I was so incredibly nervous going into surgery yesterday. A few times I almost backed out, but the Lord was mindful and sent me tender mercies to give me courage.

I was lucky--they only had to remove the right lobe of my thyroid! There is a chance the left lobe will need to come out next week, but we're praying I'm all done.

Things went really well with the surgery (I think. I can't remember talking to my doctor afterward, but Spence talked to him). We were able to go home after only a couple of hours. I'm not in too much pain, although my throat is pretty sore and this bandage on my neck is TIGHT! Tomorrow we'll meet with Dr. Money to check on things.

I am SO grateful for the Lord's hand in my life. There must be a reason why we discovered the nodule when we did. Hopefully having my thyroid removed will positively impact my health!!

My family has been amazing through all of this. My parents helped calm me down, talked through my worries, and stayed with Spencer during the procedure yesterday. Spencer's family came to visit yesterday and we've received flowers, dinner, gift baskets, and the like from family and ward members. We are so blessed!!

Spencer has been so wonderful in working through this with me, and now he takes care of me perfectly and sweetly. He is so good!!

I bought myself some new PJs and a couple of 5th graders made me that tape bracelet!

I am a Riley, I can do hard things!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You did it!! Now rest so you can recover!! I love you!!