Saturday, October 08, 2011

I told you our ward likes to have dance parties.

So, our first stake dance ever was scheduled for this month. Our ward was put in charge, for obvious reasons (think DJ Hawk. No really, I think that's the reason).


We had a BLAST. After a month of planning, we all met at the church yesterday at five...shopped for the food--veggies and candy...set up...glowsticks in balloons hanging from fishing line on the ceiling--awesome. Cut out paper shapes (think Saved By the Bell) to put on the walls--not SO awesome, but still looked pretty cool, especially in our photo booth.

We finished decorating at 8:45, which gave us just enough time to go home, change, and run back to the dance!

The dance was sweet. We had a better turnout than we thought, people actually dressed up, and everyone was WAY into it! It was a success.

The dance ended at 11:45, we cleaned up fairly quickly, and I was in bed by 2am! Just like 7 hours at the church...nbd...it was worth it because it was fun.


My Presidency --I love these girls!


My Presidency + the EQP--we love him SO much.



The 33rd ward group!


Bishop let me wear his white rim sunglasses! It was a just in time, last minute gem. Makes me want to cry.


Our ward with the stellar DJ, Bishop Hawkins.

What a night, and what a ward! Don't want it to change, but I guess that's inevitable!

No comments: