Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My job

I don't always love working at the MTC. But now, with only nine days of employment at the good old MTC Bookstore left, I am trying to enjoy it as much as I can.


Two things I am loving right now:

1. WAYNE is in the MTC! He and his wife came in on Monday and have been coming in every morning to say hi and yes, buy some candy to tide them over during class. The other morning I was selling Wayne some Mentos, and for some reason we were talking about the accuracy of body scanners at the airport, and he told me very simply, in his own soft spoken manner, "Well, the Israelis use dogs. That's why they're better than us." Okay then!

2. There is an Elder, we'll call him Elder Payne, who has somehow decided he is very good friends with me and Lexi. He was delayed a week due to the fact that he had to have surgery on his nasal passageway. The day after his surgery, the mail room delivered a note addressed to "the Bookstore employees, Lexi and Natalie. "

"Surgery went well thanks for the well wishes I'll be by thursday when I'm coherent

Elder Payne"

That poor Elder! He did come in later when he was coherent, but first he came in when I'm not so sure he was coherent.

The joys of our employment.

No comments: